Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy Birthday, Hubby!


Yay!  It’s Hubby’s birthday!  Not "the big one" just yet.  I'll let you know.
At Cheesecake Factory

He started the day by running the Cherry Blossom 10-Miler in DC.  He ran beautifully.  He kept a steady pace through the entire race.  He still has two weeks before he runs the Boston Marathon on April 16th.  Crazy, I know.

I put up the Birthday Flag at midnight (not ‘cause I’m that particular, but I just happened to think about it then).  My previous flag pole, which was “donated” to the girl scouts, had this rubber ring that slid onto the pole after the flag.  The flags stayed on the pole properly.  It worked perfectly.  This new pole (not so new anymore, actually, but newer than the older oneJ) did not come with the rubber ring.  Needless to say, the flags always slide down to the base.  What to do?!  I didn’t know that most flags come with a little tab sewn on the inside, at the top of the rod pocket.  Who knew?!  That completely explained the plastic clip attached toward the top of the flagpole.  This clip is supposed to be fastened to the little tab and the flag is supposed to stay in its place.  That’s theoretically speaking, but I couldn't tell you for sure.  I have never been able to open the hard plastic clip wide enough to attach it to a tab.  It is a bear to do!  I hated coming home to find a flag toward the bottom of the pole, but I just couldn’t get that clip open.


Then, I had a light bulb moment.

Light bulb moment:   I have several metal rings... the kind that swing open and you use to, well, clip things together.  I bought a pack several years ago to bind one of the kids’ school projects.  I attached the smallest metal ring that I had to the plastic clip on the flagpole and then closed the metal clip around the little tab.  I was so tickled.  I love finding little ways to make life lots easier…or at least not as frustrating.

So the birthday flag is up and will stay up through the week, Birthday Week, and taken down on Friday morning.  This is so it’s down at least 24 hours before it goes up for Goo’s birthday.  We take our birthdays very seriously and there is not to be any sharing or overlapping of Birthday Flag time.  Crazy, I know.  But hey, it keeps us going.
Yes, I know it's backwards, but there was this HUGE spiderweb on the other side and I wasn't about to get close to it to get a better picture.  You get the idea.

Again, happy birthday to Hubby!  May this be a year filled with love, laughter, health, and success.   I love you oodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment